Illustrate an Edgar Allan Poe scene, story, or element from "The Tell-Tale Heart," "The Black Cat," or "The Raven" that you would expect to see in the world of The Witches of East End. The winning work will be displayed in an episode of the series perhaps as a picture, book illustration, tarot card, or some other fanciful way chosen by the creative team of the show.
Edgar Allan Poe was a master of the mysterious and the macabre. The witches of East End would certainly indulge in the study of the master. Re-familiarize yourself with these three classic Edgar Allan Poe stories and absorb the context for the world of The Witches of East End.
Based on Melissa de la Cruz's New York Times best-selling novel, Witches of East End centers on the Beauchamp family, where in season one sisters Freya and Ingrid discovered they are witches with ancient magical powers. With the help of their mother Joanna and Aunt Wendy, they learned how to cultivate their craft and work together to defeat unearthly enemies seeking revenge on their family, while keeping their abilities a secret from the town.
This season, with the portal to Asgard open, what comes through will forever change the lives of the Beauchamps. Darkness surrounds East End as a new stranger arrives. Joanna is still weak with poison in her blood as the Beauchamps search desperately for a cure. With the death of Penelope, Killian and Dash's warlock powers return. #DarknessIsRising
- 1. Need inspiration? Watch The Witches of East End season 2 trailer, view full episodes of the series, or read the selected Edgar Allan Poe works. We've collected them all for you.
- 2. Illustrate an Edgar Allan Poe scene, story, or element from "The Tell-Tale Heart," "The Black Cat," or "The Raven" that you would expect to see in the world of The Witches of East End.
- 3. Enter your artwork by using the SUBMIT button below. Your entry must be at least 2000 pixels in its shortest length and be either a single .JPG or single .PNG file.
The Witches of East End Edgar Allan Poe Contest begins at 2:00PM Pacific Time (PT) on July 15th, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on July 27, 2014
- ● Entrants may enter as many entries as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
- ● Entrants must be at least 18 years old as of July 15th, 2014.
- ● Entrant must be a resident of the United States, its territories, or its possessions. Individuals located on United States military bases wherever located may also enter.
- ● Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PT) on July 27th, 2014 and be submitted through the contest gallery on deviantART;
- ● Membership to www.deviantart.com is required to enter the Contest;
- ● Membership to www.deviantart.com is free;
- ● Entry may originate in any visual medium and must be submitted at the contest site as a single .JPG or .PNG and must be at least 2000 pixels in its shortest length
- ● Entries must depict a prominent element or scene from one of the following Edgar Allan Poe stories: "The Tell-Tale Heart," "The Raven," or "The Black Cat."
- ● Entries may not include any characters, logos, symbols, or titles of any third party other than Edgar Allan Poe stories
- ● Read the Official Rules carefully.
Twenty-five semifinalists will be selected by full time deviantART staff. The three winning entries will be selected from the semifinalists by Lifetime on a basis of its suitability of use within the set on the series.
The judges will use the following criteria in whatever degree the judges believe appropriate:
- ● Technical and Artistic Skill
- ● Effective Presentation of the Edgar Allan Poe story element
- ● Originality
- ● Relevance to the Modern World of the Witches of East End
Please read the Official Rules for more details on judging