Here's the plan: submit to the contest gallery a deviation of any type featuring any deviantART product or products from the deviantWEAR Shop or the Print Shop. Literature deviations must be under 200 words to qualify.
If your medium is visual art, the image can originate in any medium, as long as it results in the submission of a static jpeg, gif, or png file. If your medium is Literature, a very short story, joke, haiku or poem are all fine choices.
No purchase of a deviantART product is required! You may use your favorite image-editing software to insert a product image from the deviantART shop, or you can draw the stuff in, or you can always just borrow from another deviant — with their permission, of course, to keep it friendly ;) Unfortunately, no film, animations, flash, or animated gif submissions will be accepted. This contest ends at 11:59:59 PM (PST) on October 15, 2010.
In our ongoing effort to surround you IRL with deviantART goodness, we've been churning out new shirts, exciting backpacks, breathtaking prints, buttons, stress balls, stickers, and more, like some sort of crazy Awesome Factory! So, sit down and grab your stuffed Fella plushie as an anchor, because this contest is going to blow you away. You've asked for it, you've got it: a contest accepting entries in all your favorite media including literature with collaborations accepted, for all ages, and for all deviants around the globe! All you've got to do is show (or write about) deviantWEAR, gear, or prints in action — aimed like a laser beam at one of the four categories listed below.
- One winner will be picked from the literary submissions on the basis of writing style and most original integration of a deviantART product.
- One winner will be picked from the Action Shots on the basis of the presentation or use of the deviantART product.
- One winner will be picked from the Action Shots on the basis of demonstrating outstanding technical skill.
- One winner will be picked from the Action Shots on the basis of accurately and clearly depicting the product in use.
But let's make one thing clear: in order to win, the winning deviations must be all-over, rock-your-socks-off awesome.
One Awesome prize package will be awarded to the winner in each of the four categories – Each of the 4 winners gets a prize package consisting of:
You may collaborate on any submission with up to two more deviants for a total of up to three deviants on any submission. The collaborators must be disclosed in the artist's comments of the submitted deviation, and each collaborator must separately submit the deviation to the contest with the same listing of the collaborators. If a collaborative work is awarded the win, each deviant in the collaboration will receive a full prize set.
Remember: you can enter as many times as you want, but you can only win in one category, regardless of how many entries you make.
- Contest starts on September 20th and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PST) on October 15, 2010.
- Membership in deviantART is required to enter and membership is free.
- Entrants must be at least 13 years old.
- Participation is open to all members of deviantART wherever located (excluding deviantART staff, volunteers and their families).
- Void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Submissions do not have to be made specifically for the contest and can predate the contest.
- Prior submissions to the category "deviantWEAR and Prints" are ineligible.