Billy Blue College of Design has grown into an inspirational space for design education within Australia over the past 25 years. Specializing in Communication Design, Digital Media, Commercial Interior, Residential Interior and Branded Fashion - Billy Blue College of Design empowers people to change the world.
Take anything from the world around you and improve on it. For example you could take a photo and retouch it. You could take a found object and paint on it.
Visit the Billy Blue College of Design website to familiarize yourself with the courses offered across the varied design disciplines.
Use any medium of your choice. You may provide multiple views as long as they appear in a single combined .JPG or .PNG.
You must include a reflective statement in the description for the submission that expresses your personal connection to the entry and describes your thought process in making it.
Submit your entry as a single .PNG or .JPG to the contest. Be sure to read the Official Rules.
- Leica V-Lux 4 Camera
- Trip to MONA: Flights (from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane) to Hobart
- 2 x nights accommodation for 2 in Hobart
- Ferry and entry to MONA
*Travel dates are subject to availability and some blockout dates apply.
- 12-Month Premium Membership to deviantART.com
- MacBook Pro 15"
- 6-Month Premium Membership to deviantART.com
- Wacom Intuos 5 medium tablet
- 3-Month Premium Membership to deviantART.com
22 Semi-Finalists: 1-Month Premium Membership to deviantART.com
25 Semi-Finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART Staff. From the Semi-Finalists, Paul Brafield, Billy Blue College of Design Head of Academic Studies, will select the final three grand prize winners. All entries will be judged on the following criteria in whatever proportion the judges determine:
- Creativity in the execution of the Assignment
- Artistic skill
- Overall impact of the Work and its description
Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM (AEST) on 22 October 2013 and must be submitted to contest gallery linked on this Journal page.
- Membership to www.deviantart.com is required to enter the contest. Membership to www.deviantart.com is free.
- Entrant must be at least 13 years old as of 25 September 2013 to be eligible to enter the Contest and has to be a resident of Australia as of the date of his or her entry.
- Entrant must follow the instructions for an entry in this Journal and in the Official Rules.
- The entry must be completely original. No stock permitted. Licensed brushes and textures are permitted.
- The entry must be a single .JPG or .PNG
- Do not forget to include the reflective statement about your entry in the description when you submit.
- Additional terms and conditions apply. Read the official rules.